Rhode Island 2017 Contest Rules
|PURPOSE:||To make students and their families aware that preventing fires requires everyone to be alert everyday to all acts, omissions and dangers that cause fires.|
|ELIGIBILITY:||Public, Private and Parochial School children in grades 5-8.|
|THEME:||FIRE PREVENTION – EVERYONE / EVERYDAY|
- Submitted artwork should be on 11” x 17” heavy-style construction paper.
- Original artwork may be in color or in black and white.
- Computer imaging will not be accepted.
- The theme “FIRE PREVENTION – EVERYONE/EVERYDAY” may be used on the poster, but is not a requirement.
Additional phrases on the poster are allowed but not necessary. All words should be spelled correctly and legible at a distance.
Please provide an accurate translation for any non-English words and phrases on the back of the poster.
- Students should not use replicas of copyrighted or registered characters or logos.
- Only one poster may be submitted per student; and only one student may submit each poster. Joint work is not allowed.
- Students’ names and signatures should NOT be on the front of the posters.
- Posters using real matches or burned paper will be disqualified.
Contest Procedures and Deadlines
- All entries should be received by Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Please mail posters FLAT.
Please include the Package Submission Form with each package of posters being mailed.
Posters must be mailed to:
Fire Safety Poster Contest
Rhode Island FAIR Plan
2 Center Plaza
Boston, MA 02108-1904
- Each poster submitted must show legibly on the back:
- Student’s name and grade
- School name
- School address – include street, town, county, zip and telephone number
- Teacher Contact name, phone number and email address (one teacher per package of entries)
PLEASE attach a Poster Information Form to the back of each poster and include the name of the county on the form and on the outside of the envelope or mailing package.
- All posters will be judged and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place state winners will be chosen from two levels. Level 1 is 5th and 6th grade students. And Level 2 is 7th and 8th grade students.
- All winners and their families, teachers and local fire officials are invited to attend an award luncheon (free of charge) being held at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at the Providence Marriott Hotel, Providence, RI.
Rights and Awards
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place state winners will receive trophies and cash prizes in the amounts of $300, $200 and $100, respectively.
- All entries become the property of RIJRA and will not be returned. The decision of all judges will be final.
- Winning posters may be used in our Fire Safety Calendar, and other fire safety education material deemed necessary and appropriate.
- All Winners, and their guardians, must sign a Release Statement giving permission to use, without compensation, their posters, photos, names, county and school in the calendar, website and other fire safety correspondence, as well as, permission to reproduce, publicize or otherwise use their poster for fire prevention education in whatever manner deemed appropriate.
- Contest results will be emailed to all school contacts listed on the Submission Form. Contest results will also be posted on our website on or about April 1, 2017.